- Check if the scanner is powered on
- Check if the USB cables are connected firmly, please try unplug and plug cables
- Current graphic card doesn't support“GPU mode”. Please uncheck the option from software settings.
- Wrong INI files being used. Please go C:\shining3d\DentalScan\iniconfig and find the relevant INI file folder according to the scanner model (each folder named by scanner model has an INI folder); copy entire INI folder and replace the original INI folder C:\shining3d\DentalScan\ini
The calibrate plate is universal for each shining 3D dental scanner except ds300, but the corresponding calibrate plate encode file (*.PLE) must be used correctly.
The calibrate plate encode file location: c:\shining3d\Dentalscan\encodeplane\
There is a serial number on the back of the calibrate plate, start with cp.
If you don't have corresponding PLE file, contact Shining 3D dental products support and we will provide you file. Once obtain the file, copy it to c:\shining3d\Dentalscan\encodeplane\
Please prepare information as following: description of the issue you are experiencing and attach the error message image if you have one, scanner serial number, dongle number and calibration plate number.
Scanner serial number: on the back of the scanner start with Autoscan
Dongle number: on the surface of the black dongle start with DC
Calibration plate number: on the back of the calibrate plate start with CP
Yes, STL or OBJ file can be opened and viewed by SnDentalViewer.exe(c:\shining3d\dentalscan\SnDentalViewer.exe) or ExoViewer3D.exe(/DentalCADApp/bin/ExoViewer3D.exe)
Open the binder tool from C:\shining3d\Dentalscan\ScannerBinder.exe, then click “Select" button to locate dentalDB shortcut icon, select it and click ok. Close the binder tool.
Locate SecureUpdateUtility.exe from C:\shining3d\SentinelUpdate and execute it, then apply key file following on-screen instruction.
- E0209: No software dongle is detected. Please check whether the dongle is inserted; if it is inserted, is the dongle lighted up? If not, reinstall dongle driver again or contact Shining 3D dental products support.
- E0226: Software dongle is not compatible with the software version. Please contact Shining 3D dental products Supporter to upgrade the dongle.
- E0227: Software dongle expired. Contact Shining 3D dental products Supporter to extend your dongle.